Metroline is one of London’s largest, most experienced and innovative bus operators delivering over 350 million passenger journeys each year across the capital. Employing over 5,000 people, and operating London’s most environmentally friendly fleet, every driver, engineer and member of our business has a role to play at Metroline.
The Metroline Mechanic will report directly to their appointed Engineering Manager or in his absence, the Assistant Engineering Manager and will be responsible for providing engineering support to the garage engineering team. This will involve all aspects of engineering required to facilitate the smooth day to day running of the garage.
- Ensuring that the Company Operator Licence is protected at all times;
- Completing repairs to a high standard;
- Working in a safe manner in accordance with Metroline Health & Safety directives;
- Dealing with vehicle faults as directed by the manager;
- Acting promptly on issues raised by Operating staff;
- Entering details of vehicle breakdowns onto the Fleet Management System;
- Basic use of diagnostic equipment;
- Completion of the wheel nut check book when required;
- Notifying manager of any additional faults and repairs that are required;
- Entering details of vehicle faults and creating job cards onto the Fleet Management System;
- Reporting any technical issues that arise to the Technical Manager;
- Reading and understanding technical bulletins when issued;
- Identifying spares required and ensuring they are ordered on time;
- Attending internal and external training courses where required;
- Developing a sound working relationship with drivers, operations staff and communicate well with other engineers and managers;
- Keep work areas clean at all times
- Company Pension
- Child care Voucher Scheme
- Retail and Leisure Discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Technically adept.
- Sound mechanical knowledge of PCV requirements.
- Experience of the London Transport environment.
- Hold a full PCV licence.
- NVQ2 Qualification or equivalent
Competencies and Skills
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet requirements;
- Flexibility to change priorities and resources quickly to meet the needs of the garage;
- Ability to work within a team;
- Promotes shared values and has the ability to get the best out of others whilst participating fully;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrate effective listening and questioning to check understanding;
- Works to understand customer needs to meet and exceed expectations;
- Establish and maintain customer relationships;
- Understands and respects the need for confidentiality in all aspects of work.
Hours of Work
38 hours per week – shift work. Engineers are required to work an alternate shift pattern incorporating an Early and Late shift times approximately 06:00am till 2:00pm and Late shift 2:00pm till 10:00pm, on a 7 work 3-day rest and 7 work 4-day rest pattern, this pattern similar for night shift. Night shift times 10:00pm till 06:00am.
How to apply
E-mail a covering letter of application explaining why you want to be an engineer with Metroline and a CV to [email protected].
If you have any questions or would like to request more information please contact us.
Metroline is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with due regard to legal obligations for protected characteristics i.e., age, disability, marriage and civil partnership, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.