The 3rd line IT support team is responsible for the mainly insourced IT infrastructure of Metroline and CityFleet.
The role will be based at Metroline head office in Cricklewood. However, there will be requirement to travel to other Company offices or Associated Company locations within the UK.
- Providing infrastructure solutions that meet needs of business;
- Providing architectural and technical oversight to the rest of the infrastructure team;
- Delivering IT infrastructure projects;
- Ensuring IT infrastructure is appropriately maintained, preformat, secure and fit for purpose;
- Ensuring that company’s IT Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery processes and systems are always available, and fit for purpose;
- Keeping abreast of new technology and proposing appropriate technical solutions to business problems;
- Ensuring provision of 24 x 7 x 365 technical cover and participating as part of the callout Rota;
- Establish and maintain co-operative and productive work relationships with peers and help to improve team processes.
Essential Criteria for application
- VMware VCP certified;
- Microsoft MSCE certified;
- Excellent experience in supporting: Windows operating systems, MS Office, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange;
- Good experience in supporting Terminal Services / Citrix;
- Good knowledge of IP networking;
- Good knowledge of Dell PowerEdge and HP ProLiant server ranges;
- Good knowledge of NetApp and HP storage systems;
- Experience in supporting Blackberry and Good Mobile Device Management solutions;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Good Technical Documentation skills;
- Good team player with the ability to also work on own initiative;
- Prioritisation and organisation skills;
- Previous experience within a fast paced environment;
- Full clean manual UK driving licence.
Competencies & Skills
- Citrix XenApp 7.6 experience;
- Expected to deal efficiently with clients at all levels and backgrounds by phone, email and in person;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to develop strong working relationships;
- Have an awareness of the functions, operations and technology employed within Metroline and CityFleet;
- Able to explain technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users;
- Able to organise team members work and set priorities;
- Being proactive and meet agreed SLAs and project timelines and budgets;
- A self-starter with an ability to motivate team members to deliver.
- Strengths in logical analysis, and an ability to think creatively to deliver solutions;
- Skills in adapting, multi-tasking and troubleshooting;
- Have a professional and patient manner when supporting users;
- Use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines and procedures;
- Present a professional image when representing Metroline or CityFleet;
- Demonstrate ability to work on your own as well as part of a team.
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5.30pm
- Available to work non business hours (including evenings and weekends) when on call , for scheduled maintenance work and in emergencies, and be available for on call duties and site visits
How to apply
Please send a covering letter of application and CV to: Samantha Smith, HR Adviser, Human Resources, ComfortDelGro House, 329 Edgware Road, Cricklewood, NW2 6JP. Alternatively, please e-mail [email protected]
Applications should include:
- the reasons you are applying for the post;
- why you believe you are a suitable candidate;
- provide examples of how you meet the competencies & skills;
- any relevant qualifications or experience.
14 October 2016
28 October 2016