Scholars’ Season Tickets
Discounted tickets are available to schoolchildren and students for periods of half a school term, subject to the conditions mentioned below. Two ticket types can be purchased from the driver, paying cash only.
- ‘Rover’ giving unlimited travel* throughout routes 84 and 242; or
- ‘Colney’ giving unlimited travel* on route 84 between Colney Fields Retail Park and St Albans (City Centre or Townsend/St Albans Girls’ Schools).
Prices vary with the length of term, please see below for the current term's pricing.
Scholars' Season Ticket Prices for Summer Term 2018
|Price per half term||Summer(1)||Summer (2)|
|Rover||£ 65.00||£ 70.00|
|Colney||£ 50.00||£ 60.00|
Summer (1) Saturday 14 April - Friday 25 May 2018 inclusive (based on 6 weeks)
Summer (2) Saturday 2 June – Friday 20 July 2018 inclusive (based on 7 weeks)
Scholars' tickets are available for use at all times including weekends between the above start and expiry dates.
* - Please note: Only valid on Metroline buses NOT on other operators' buses (so not available for use on route 242 on Sundays and Public Holidays when another operator runs the service). See below for other conditions.
- The following age conditions apply to the purchase and use of Scholars' tickets:
- Age 5 and under 11 - proof of age not required
- Age 11 and under 19 - if showing a valid Hertfordshire Saver Card, obtainable from Hertfordshire County Council (subject to conditions), see hertsdirect.org/savercard – please allow 2 weeks to obtain your card
- Age 11 and under 16 - if showing a valid 11-15 Zip Oyster photocard, obtainable from Transport for London (subject to conditions), see tfl.gov.uk. This card can only be used to obtain a Scholar's ticket on Route 84 (not route 242) and the user’s journey must start or finish within Greater London (New Barnet Station – Hadley, Greenacre Close).
- Tickets are not transferable between users, and must be shown to the driver on every journey (with a valid SaverCard/Zip Oyster photocard if applicable) and at any time during a journey on request by a Metroline Official.
- Refunds are not given for unused periods, lost or defaced tickets. Statutory rights are not affected.
Please see 'Our Fares and Tickets' for full details of our ticket ranges including Adult and other child rate fare deals.