Discounted tickets are available to schoolchildren and students for periods of half a school term, subject to the conditions mentioned below. Two ticket types can be purchased:
1) ‘Rover’ giving unlimited travel* throughout routes 84/84A and 242; or
2) ‘Colney’ giving unlimited travel* on routes 84/84A between Colney Fields Retail Park and St Albans (City Centre/Townsend/Girls’ Schools).
* - Please note: Only valid on Metroline buses NOT on other operators' buses (so not available for use on route 242 on Sundays and Public Holidays when another operator runs the service).
Buy your ticket from the driver, paying cash, at the beginning of the half-term period (including the preceding weekend). Prices vary with the length of term, please see below for the current term's pricing.
The following age conditions apply to Scholars' tickets
- Age 5 and under 14 - proof of age not required
- Age 14 and under 19 - if showing a valid Hertfordshire Saver Card, obtainable from Hertfordshire County Council subject to conditions, see www.hertsdirect.org/savercard
- Age 14 and under 16 - if showing a valid child rate Zip/Oyster photocard, obtainable from Transport for London subject to conditions, see www.tfl.gov.uk
This card can only be used to obtain a Scholar's ticket on Routes 84/84A (not route 242) and the journey must start or finish within Greater London (New Barnet Station – Hadley Highstone).
Scholars' tickets are available for use at all times including weekends between the start and expiry dates. They are not transferable between users. Refunds are not given for unused periods, lost or defaced tickets.
Prices for Spring Term 2017
|Price per half term||Spring (2)|
(2) Monday 20th February 2017 to Friday7th April 2017.
Please see 'Our Fares and Tickets' for full details of our ticket ranges including Adult and other child rate fare deals.